We are collecting Personal Care Kits and supplies for Personal Care Kits beginning May 16. Watch the bulletin announcements to see where to put the items you are donating.
See the list below for what supplies are needed for the kits. Another option if you do not want to shop is to write a check made out to Holy Trinity and mark “Personal Care Kit” on the memo line. Mail the check to the church office—212 Cocoa Ave, Hershey, PA 17033 or put in the offering.
Supplies for each Personal Care Kit:
- ONE light or medium weight bath-size towel (between 20” x 40” and 52” x 27”) dark color recommended. (Walmart has towels that are a good weight)
- TWO or three full bath-size bars of soap equaling 8 to 9 oz.
- ONE adult-size toothbrush in its original packaging. (Toothbrush multi-packs may be used by sealing an individual toothbrush in a business-size envelope; no plastic bags or wraps.)
- ONE full-size sturdy comb, remove packaging. No pocket size combs.
- ONE metal nail clippers (attached file optional), remove packaging.
Tips for packing your Personal Care Kit:
Be sure to shop for light or medium-weight towels, which are easier for Kit recipients to hand wash and air dry, take up less storage space and are considerably less expensive than the fluffier towels we may prefer to use.
Please give new items only.
Please do not donate items with any religious, patriotic or military symbols or references to the armed forces, including camouflage.
Fold the towel in half. Place the rest of the items in the towel, fold and roll so nothing falls out, and secure with yarn, ribbon, string or rubber bands.
Do not use plastic or paper bags to pack donations.
Thank you for your help!