“God’s Work. Our Hands” Sunday is September 12th
We can’t control when disasters strike and we can’t end poverty overnight, but there are things we can do now to help people around the world reach their full potential. As part of our time of service, we are preparing school kits to send to those in need. Several stores in the area have school supplies on sale so watch for the sales! The church will supply the backpacks for packing the school kits, so either bring in a whole kit, or items to make kits (listed below). Bring all kits and supplies to the display in the narthex by September 5th so we can get everything organized for the 12th.
Items needed for each School Kit:
- Four 70-sheet notebooks of wide- or college-ruled paper approximately 8″ X 10½”; no loose-leaf paper
- One 30-centimeter ruler, or a ruler with centimeters on one side and inches on the other
- One pencil sharpener
- One blunt scissors (safety scissors with embedded steel blades work well)
- Five unsharpened #2 pencils with erasers; secure together with a rubber band
- Five black or blue ballpoint pens (no gel ink); secure together with a rubber band
- One box of 16 or 24 crayons (Crayola brand is preferred because they don’t melt as easily)
- One eraser approximately 2 1/2″ long
Along with the school kits, we will send all of the personal care kits that were donated as well as a multitude of quilts that our quilters worked on throughout the pandemic!
For more information about how to pack the kits or how the kits are used, go to https://lwr.org/quilts-and-kits.